Next up in my series of quilts about relationships....Leaning in, to the overlap, the sweet spot, the place where interests or experiences overlap. Choosing to share your time with another person. A nod to that moment when you meet a new friend or lover and discover the things you have in common, and it miraculously brings a little joy to your heart.
Note: I really like the way this one resembles a bow, like the relationship is a little gift to your heart, and theirs.
The process photos.
I was working on this quilt at the same time as I was repairing/remodeling a room in my house. I thought is was interesting the that wall color was the same as the palette I chose for this quilt. Aqua blue everywhere!!
(Note: You can see more of this remodeling story on IG.)
Stitched blocks sewn for the background.
I really like it at this stage announcing it's pure color and minimalism...
The shapes that will be appliqued to the surface.
Before they were pieced, trying to find strips of colors to make a gradient. This is a challenge with commercially available solids.| the backing is leftover fabric from my fabric line many, many years ago |

No comments:
Post a Comment