Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Dedicated Spaces

Dedicated Spaces
I probably don't talk enough about how important it is to have a dedicated space to do art.  I am so very lucky to have an entire bedroom converted into my studio.  It is great to be able to just walk IN and have everything I need in easy access, and organized enough to find what I am looking for.  It is also great to be able to walk OUT of my studio, and leave the mess just as it is.
 
Last week I received my copy of Inside the Creative Studio by Cate Prato.  I am so happy to be included in this book!  It is awesome!  The eye candy alone is fabulous!  If you are considering re-organizing your space, check out this book.  It will unfortunately, probably leave you wanting more....more space, regardless if you work in a tiny space or a big one!  I love getting a glimpse into other artists' studios.  The creative process is fascinating to me. 
Of course, my biggest concern after having some dedicated space, whether its just a table top or an entire room, is the color that surrounds me.  It sets the mood to let the creative spirit unfurl.  And this is what you will see in my little section in this book...my blues, and my purples, and it has spread throughout the house!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Laura Wasilowski said...

It's so important to have a space just for yourself that you can play in. Love those blues!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have the whole third floor, kinda looks like the one on the cover with the ceiling slanting down. But I don't have the checker board flooring. It is always a work in progress. Always wanting or doing something else to it. Someday I will have a longarm up there.

Vivika said...

So nice! My studio is yellow and you are right- the color really does set the mood!

Kathy York said...

Thanks Laura!
Wow Ann Marie, your space sounds big, lucky you! I don't have checker board flooring either, but I do like the way it looks on the cover.