Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer

Summer
It's been a fast summer. I am working on a new piece for my entry to Quilt National. So, I am busy, but can't show any pictures yet. Meanwhile, my fabric line is on the shelves, and I've been to see it! What's next? Well, International Quilt Festival in Long Beach, CA is coming up soon, July 23 to 25. I have a new piece debuting there called, Fifty and Female and Fearless (it's the same one on the post below!) And I wanted to share with you that all the quilts in this exhibit are available in a book called, Beneath the Surface, from Blurb. This is so awesome! And, so reasonably priced that I was surprised, only $15.95. If you go to the quilt show in Long Beach, you will also be able to see my quilts, Duck and Cover (at the SAQA exhibit, Sense of Humor), and Red Legged Bird with a Tale to Tell (at Tactile Architecture). Also showing are my two winning quilts from IQA's World of Beauty, Building UP (1st place, small abstract), and Falling through the Cracks (3rd place, embellished). Meanwhile, I will show you a few photos of the fabric I have dyed for my new quilt, but sadly, it doesn't portray at all what I am doing with them. Sorry.

No comments: