Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Scarves

Winter Scarves 
I am not really a knitter. I have knitted perhaps two things, and that was 20 years ago. They weren't particularly successful, but I remembered it was fun doing it.
I got inspired when a group of friends got together for a gift exchange for Christmas. We were each supposed to bring a hand made gift. I gave a beaded felted ball, a la Judy Perez. It was beautiful, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it. Several people made scarves. They were awesome, all beautiful. It made me want to try again.
The first scarf did not look that great, even though I did it twice, but my son took it because he loved it, and now I can't find it. Then I made one for my mom, then I made one for my daughter, and then I made a nicer one for my son (but he doesn't like that one, so it's mine now). It is really more fun than I ever thought it would be. I love all the new yarns. The chenille one above in blues and purples was so incredibly soft! I am making another from nubby yarn, in aqua and browns, I guess there is nothing wrong with having more than one scarf!
Anyway, hopefully these attempts will amuse you until I can share my good news

3 comments:

Carmen Rose said...

I'm amused, and I also want to hear the good news! When I find a good yard store I'm almost as dangerous as when I find a good quilt fabric shop. I am not to be trusted! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just stumbled over here via another blog (Rice's, maybe?) and thought I'd say hello...and that this post made me laugh a bit!

About three years ago, my mother got me started on knitting...I *immediately* fell in love with the yarn. The knitting? Not quite as much...at least not beyond the very basics of it.

What this means is that I (and most of my friends) are now in possession of a LOT of scarves!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.