Last year, I was invited to submit a little quilt for Sue's book. I was delighted to give it a go. This is my little quilt, Welcome Home. It was fun to make. The only requirements were the size, and that it need to be made with fusible applique. Her book, Colorful Fabric Collage: Sketch, Fuse, Quilt has been published now. I love it! It is filled with a lot of techniques for fusible applique and many fun projects!
Now, I have learned another way! Just to practice the new things I learned I made this new little quilt, Garden House using some of Sue's techniques. I really like it and was surprised how quickly it came together!
My favorite things about the book:
1. It has all the steps, start to finish, including design, dyeing fabric, fusing, quilting, embellishing, and finishing it. I love that it is comprehensive.
2. Lots of pictures! Well, maybe that's a given, but very important to me because I am very visual.
3. Lots of examples from other artists. I love that Sue included examples from many of her artist friends. It was interesting to see the other projects.
4. Speaking of projects, Sue's book is packed with them, and they are not all quilts. I love some of the other projects she shows how to make like the tote bag and the fabric journal. Excellent!
5. Last, and this one is important! Sue gives tips that help make your project a success. Thanks for that!
May 4: Sue Bleiweiss: http://www.suebleiweiss.com/May 4: Jamie Fingal :http://www.
May 5: Leslie Tucker Jenison: http://leslietuckerjenison.
May 6: Terri Stegmiller : http://stegart.blogspot.com/
May 7: Deborah Boschert : http://deborahsjournal.
May 8: Desiree Habicht : http://myclothesline.blogspot.
May 9: Kathy Sperino : http://
May 10: Barb Forrister : http://www.barbforrister.com/
May 11 Kathy York : http://www.aquamoonartquilts.
May 12: Lyric Kinard : http://lyrickinard.com/lyric-