Monday, November 03, 2014

Welcome Home

Welcome Home
12" x 12" x 1 1/2"

Colorful Fabric Collage
by Sue Bleiweiss


Last year I was invited to submit a small fused quilt to be included in Sue's book.  I made this happy little quilt and was delighted that it was included in her book.  The book is available for preorder from Amazon.  I haven't seen it yet, but I look forward to it!  As for my little quilt, here it is!
The hand dyed sky fabric and the hand-dyed floss is from my good friend Laura Wasilowski. I love her color sense and her fabrics.  You can buy her fabric and threads and patterns here.
 Perhaps you recognize this little bird from my other quilts with little birds (here)?
This 12" x 12" x 1 1/2" piece was wrapped around a canvas, so I used this fun black and white print for the side borders and wrapped the roof around.  LOVE!
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to blog about my adventures in Houston soon.  I am exhausted from the travel and still unpacking!

No comments: