Tuesday, February 24, 2015

QuiltCon2015 - Quilts and Vendors

QuiltCon2015 - Quilts and Vendors
QuiltCon2015 - from the Press Room
First a note about some of my favorite quilts.  These are just a FEW of the very many that I loved at the show.  I don't know why I selected these to take photos of, but I did.  If you would like to see more, you can find them on the Modern Quilt Guild website, here, or perhaps on Luana Rubin's Flickr page, here.  And many of them have been on both FB and Instagram, so please explore!  It will be worth your while if you didn't get to the show!
This one is subtle, but it draws me in.  I love it, I love the fabrics, and the quilting.  All good!
I love Amanda's work, every time I see it.  The joy of piecing curves (which I have not found yet)!  Look at all the quilting lines!  Wonderful!!
I absolutely love the pattern and colors.  This quilt sings in person.  And it is really large.  LOVE IT!
A detail of the wonderful quilting!  Love!!
Love this one.  Love the colors, but also all the wonderful modern fabrics, and the play with shapes.  Well done!
I was surprised to see the hand quilting with this.  It works wonderfully!  Good addition to an already wonderful quilt!
Love the colors and shapes!  I could stare at this one a long time!
Love the play of brights with neutrals.  Very pleasurable! See Terry's website here.
Ah, one from the wonderful tuning fork series.  Heather, you knock my socks off! Thanks for the inspiration!
Next, some of my favorite vendors.  We couldn't do all this without you!!!


To Mistyfuse, I love you!  You make my dreams come true.  I iron a bit of Mistyfuse to fabric and cut out the shape I want, and presto, it becomes real as I iron to another piece of fabric.  Magic!  This is the best stuff, ever!
To Malka Dubrawsky, my teacher and owner of Stitch N Dye, I am profoundly happy that I have found artistic expression through batik and dyeing.  Your class changed my life.  Thank you!!
To Juki and Superior Threads, you make it all come together!  You maximize many fond hours of sewing joy!
 To Havel's scissors, proud sponsors of Dinner@Eight exhibits, you make some seriously great scissors!! The newist to my collection, a pair of snippets!  Thank you!  I look forward to using them.  

Ah another favorite, friendly and welcoming, Michele Muska at ez Quilting, just like the tools she carries.  Fun booth, many great tools and inspiration for quilters!

To Soak, a new addition to my list of favorites.  I look forward to giving this one a try!  It will fill a much needed niche in the cycle of creation and caring for my creations!

After the show was over, I volunteered, along with a few new and old friends, to take down the quilts.  Here we are, hamming it up a bit! 




2 comments:

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Kathy, congrats on your award! Your quilt is amazing!

And thanks for including my quilt in your list of some of your favorites - I'm honored.

Kathy York said...

Thanks! I LOVE your quilt, exquisite!! I have added a link to your website! Cheers!