Saturday, February 21, 2015

i Quilt - Best in Show!!!

i Quilt - Best in Show!!!
The judges selected my quilt for Best in Show!  I still can hardly believe it.  With tears in my eyes, and a knot the size of Mt. Olympus in my stomach, I approached the stage on wobbly legs to shake Jacquie Gering's hand, get a big hug and accept the award!  What a tremendous honor!!
It's like going from zero to 80 in a nanosecond....or as the little pig says, "Pure Adrenaline"! Ha!
It is a bit overwhelming, but in a very good way.

I met the sponsors of the prize, Gammill Quilting Machines, to whom I owe a great thanks!  And, truthfully, I am still floating on air.

My quilt was also featured in an interview about QuiltCon on Houzz.com, which showed many of the quilts, a fantastic story!  It is an honor to be included in such an esteemed group of quilt makers!
One of my favorite photos of the experience:
photo by Rebecca Maples
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful quilt! Congratulations.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic and so well-deserved!

Mary Marcotte said...

Beautiful quilt. I saw it earlier on a friend's FB page and fell in love with it. Congratulations on your great win! I wish I'd been able to go this time and see all the gorgeous quilts. Congrats again!

Nancy said...

Congratulations! I love the "idea" behind you quilt! So many of us feel the same way you do. Very artistic and beautiful quilt with lots of meaning! Enjoy!

DreiPunkteWerk said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You made a really impressive quilt! I never thought, that GREEN could be such a beautiful colour! I love your masterpiece!
Liebe Grüße from Germany,
Kathrin

Barb in Mi said...

Huge congrats! And yes, well deserved! Love your favorite quilt pic - and hope the floating on air will last for a long time!

Sew Darn Cute Quilting said...

Congratulations, I wish I was there to see your quilt in person. Have a wonderful time.

Stevii said...

Well you know Kathy, cream always rises to the top! Congratulations on your well deserved win.

Shannon said...

Super-duper congratulations! This quilt is wonderful- original and meaningful and striking and I'm so pleased it won!

Lorna McMahon said...

Congratulations Kathy! Your quilt is beautiful. And I love the meaning of it. Well deserved win!

Ali Honey said...

Fabulous colours! Well deserved award.
Congratulations.

Chris said...

Love the final photo of you - pure joy! You deserve it - congratulations! I met you at the show on Friday. Great quilt!

greeneggs said...

An amazing quilt, with a wonderful idea as its inspiration. Congratulations!

debbi d-w said...

So happy for you Kathy. It's great to follow someone's creativity as it evolves & then see it recognized - brava!