I intentionally cut these blocks too large because I didn't know how much the edges would unravel during the process of itajame. They didn't actually unravel much at all, so I had to trim each block. I thought I wasted a lot of fabric doing this, but as it turned out, I made lemonade from my lemons!
|Blocks before trimming|
|Bucket of trimmings from the scraps|
|I pieced the scraps together. (Yes, labor intensive!)|
|Added the pieced section to fabric to create a pillowcase to go with her quilt!|
|Repeating the process. These are the trimmings from the pieced section of the pillowcase. I have fused the back side of this odd assemblage, and will trim off the excess fusible with an exacto knife and scissors.|
|Making a small art quilt, to go with the pillowcase, to go with the quilt for her lovely walls. All that's left to do is the quilting, that, and adding the flying cats across the top! Stay tuned!|