Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sneak Peeks

Sneak Peeks
Or I could have titled this....How to keep your sanity while working on a project like this.  Last year, as I was working on Central Park, I spent part of my time dyeing new fabrics for quilt tops.  I made more fabric than I knew what to do with.  So, as I got tired of stuffing buildings, or sewing French knots, I would refresh my creative spirit with an afternoon of fusing and cutting new shapes and composing new quilt tops.  Ahhh!!! the joy of composition!!  I had 6 new quilt tops ready to be quilted.  I planned to quilt them last fall, as soon as I finished Central Park, but I got delayed by life.  Then this spring, I got delayed again with my bicycle accident.   They are in various stages of completion, but a few are nearly done!

Til then, I will share with you a few sneak peaks.  The first one is the back of my new quilt, High Rise.  I am at the stage of putting the hanging sleeve (seen on the left corner).  The second is a detail of my quilt, Community Garden.  It doesn't show much of the quilt, but at least you can see some fun colors.  And, you might notice these colorful cottons were fused onto silk!  I can't believe I am starting to expand my repertoire to include something besides my all time favorite cotton.  But, silk is so pretty, and shiny, and interesting!!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Great sneak peeks. Glad to hear you're well enough to get back to sewing. Looking forward to your "reveals".

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Love it so far!!!