Monday, March 02, 2009

Three of a Kind

Three of a Kind
18" x 18"
Don't you love looking at the quilting from the backside of the quilt? The texture is so yummy without being cluttered with color and design. I have started using almost all white on the back of my quilts. This little one is on it's way to Surface Matters for SDA (Surface Design Association). It is an exhibit of members' works for their annual conference. I decided to keep this one simple, just added a few borders. (By the way, one of these borders is in my new fabric line, which I still know almost nothing about yet! The suspense is killing me!! see note below...)
Postdate:  Michael Miller bought my fabric line but chose NOT to print it.  VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the simplicity of this, it is perfect. And the idea of using white on the back is also another good idea. I love seeing how people quilt their pieces and that is hard to see when a patterned backing has been used.

Claire O'Connor said...

Yes, I agree, I love the restfulness of the white that allows the patterns to take center stage -- truly two-part art pieces as the front is quite spectacular!

Norma Schlager said...

I love to see the quilting on the back, too, as you said not distracted by color or pattern. It's a great quilt!