Monday, October 18, 2010

Big tote

Big tote I haven't had much time to work lately, but this last week I played with the batik. I made this flower from a whole cloth. I actually made two, to try out different ideas, but you will have to wait until I quilt the second one before I post it. Meanwhile, I cut this one in half to use for both sides of the tote bag, for a friend in need. It was a special request, one that I was happy to make, especially if it makes her life easier! I love the way the whole cloth design of the flower goes with my fabrics. It was a bit surprising, and lovely!

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a great tote. Not only functional, but very bright and happy!

Nancy said...

The thread sketching on the flower looks great. And so do your fabrics! Nice tote.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the second.

Can you shrink the flower and multiply it for a new fabric design? I'd think it would be very popular.

Margeeth said...

I think its lovely

Jamie Fingal said...

Love your vibrant flower bag - fabulous! You are such an inspiration. I like your new tabs too! You go girl!

Kathy York said...

Thanks Jamie!
I have just started work on the tabs. I really want to expand the gallery section and add a bio tab, and perhaps even an Etsy store!

You have been an inspiration! Thanks for the help on the tabs!

Cori said...

The thread work is great. I can not wait to see the second one

skye said...

I love the bag! Beautiful & so "you"! Yay!!

Connie said...

Love it!