Friday, January 08, 2010

Guest Blogger

Guest Blogger 
 Hello! Today I am a guest blogger at Subversive Stitchers: Women Armed with Needles. I love the title, don't you? Featured today I ask myself, "Why?" especially as it relates to some of my more elaborate and time consuming projects. Here at home, it has been a quiet month. I have had no real work to put on my blog in a while. Soon after I got home from Houston, I was busy with my fabric line, and then quite by surprise ended up withdrawing my son from school. He is learning at home now and though I have been reluctant for years to homeschool, I am finding it was the best decision I ever made. That's what he says too! Now, the trick will be to find my balance again and learn to multitask art and teaching. With a couple of months under my belt, I will say that it easy getting easier to get organized and balanced. And, since I can't blog without photos, you may be wondering what the Flying Cat Boys have been up to.... Well, Vanilla Bean has been studying physics and Pumpkin wants to learn to read and write. Smokey and Garfield are either preferring chores, or interested in tumbling objects, I'm not sure which. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Margeeth said...

Hi Kathy,
I am very sorry to hear that the educational system where you live had no good place for your son and you had to pull him from school. In the Netherlands, where I live, it is not much better. Especially when your child has an autistic disorder like Aspergers or PDD-NOS and can learn quite well there is just no proper education for it. Those children end up either on higher level regular education (it's called gymnasium over here) where they have a hard time socially or they go to special school where they just vegetate. Homeschooling is just not as 'normal' over here, you do not have the automatic right to homeschool your child but have to have permission (if you are capable of doing this in the first place). I can understand you being reluctant to homeschool your son, you now have to be his teacher as well as his mother. By the way, does your son accept you teaching him? (Mine wouldn't accept this, I am his mother, not his teacher and this has to be kept seperately at all costs, even helping him with his homework is troublesome, after all I am not the teacher.)
I hope all turns out well with your son and that you will be able to find a way to balance your roles as mother, teacher and artist (and wife).