Friday, August 31, 2007

Ruffle Skirts


Ruffle Skirts

I decided to make my daughter some simple ruffle skirts for school this year. Not satisfied with anything in my stash, I saw a big pile of white fabric that was still waiting for inspiration. I grabbed it and ran. I made her 3 ruffle skirts, and dyed matching t-shirts and bicycle shorts (from Dharma Trading Co.). I thought this was going to be an easy plan, but it turned out to be anything but.

I ended up putting a different batik design on every fabric I used. Some were dye painted, others were waxed a second time and overdyed. I think they look really cute and my daughter is super happy with the results. Her eyes sparkle! I am still in awe of the number of hours I spent making in each one....if you are wondering, the fabric for EACH skirt took approximately 6 hours total, that's without the time to sew the skirt.




3 comments:

Malka Dubrawsky said...

They may have taken a little longer than store bought stuff, but Olivia has something unique, made just for her. I hate to be A VISA commercial, but that is priceless.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Olivia is a very lucky girl!

I want just one in a size ... maybe not.

Glenna said...

Those are fabulous, and I want one (even if I am 50-something).