I’m so happy to be a part of the blog hop and giveaway to celebrate the release of my dear friend Lyric's newest DVD Thermofax 101 screen printing made easy by Lyric Kinard.here.
I was really excited to watch it because I have done a little screen printing and I was curious about the thermofax process. It is a great instruction DVD! I also really love getting to see Lyric's process because I have admired her work for years. I really appreciate that Lyric sells the screens too, just in case you do not want to invest in a thermofax machine, but might enjoy trying it out!
Things I like about the DVD:
1. It is well organized. The chapters are in a logical order and go into enough depth that you can easily get started screen printing.
2. I really like the way Lyric gives enough tips to help you through any trouble spots you might have.
3. It is obvious that Lyric has a lot of experience screen printing and has taken a lot of time and care to explain the process in a way that makes it easy to do. She uses a lot of visual examples and a lot of demonstrations to show how this all works.
4. I was not expecting Lyric to cover fabric design. Bonus! I like the information about design, and ways to use the screen to make fabric for use in other projects.
5. The DVD has good light and good closeups. The visuals are helpful and easy to see!
Things I like about the thermofax screens:
1. They are super easy to make (well, especially when I send my drawing to Lyric and she runs it through her machine!) ha! Whatever I draw, the screen looks just like it!
2. It is reusable, as long as I remember to not let the paint dry in it (this is not a problem, I am always super cautious about that!)
3. I do not like that the screen rolls up so easily. It seems hard to use, however once I got it taped up as shown in the DVD, it was really easy to work with, surprisingly easy.
For my little practice project I am using this little faucet. I wanted to do something about water usage and our current drought. This is a work in progress shot:
Check out the other participants in the blog hop!
April 24 Cheryl Rezendez http://www.cherylrezendes.com
April 25 Leslie Tucker Jenison http://leslietuckerjenison.
April 28 Sue Bleiweiss http://www.suebleiweiss.com/
April 30 Judy Gula http://www.artisticartifacts.
May 1 Sue Price & Elizabeth Gibson http://pgfiber2art.blogspot.
May 2 Judy Coates Perez http://www.judycoatesperez.
May 4 Linda Stokes www.lindastokes-
May 5 Jane Davila http://janedavila.blogspot.
May 6 Melanie Testa http://melanietesta.com/
May 7 Liz Kettle http://www.textileevolution.
May 8 Carol Sloan http://carolbsloan.blogspot.
May 9 Kathy York http://aquamoonartquilts.
May 11 Susan Brubaker Knapp http://wwwbluemoonriver.
May 12 Desiree Habicht http://myclothesline.
May 13 Jamie Fingal http://JamieFingalDesigns.
May 14 Deborah Boschert http://deborahsjournal.
May 15 Sarah Ann Smith sarahannsmith.com/weblog
Thanks for stopping by! And may you be inspired to create!!