Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Do What You Love

Do What You Love
16" x 16"
This is one of my very favorite expressions, Love What You Do, Do What You Love.  How wonderful it was to have it included in one of the prints Jamie Fingal designed in her debut collection with Hoffman Fabrics!  For fun, I have taken a bit of a whimsical interpretation.  Who wouldn't prefer hanging out drinking coffee with friends compared to vacuuming??
I was also inspired by the black and white striped fabric.  It reminded me of bendy drinking straws.
All of the fish were fussy cut from the teacup fabric.  Everything was fused with Mistyfuse and assembled on the ironing board.  Then, like with the other 2 quilts, I fused to a piece of dyed red batting and machine quilted.  I love the way this finishes the edge without having to put on a binding, it looks good AND it's easy!!

This has been quite the fun couple of days, playing with this delightful fabric.  Thank you Jamie for including me!!
Now, back to some other projects that have been sitting on a shelf....

2 comments:

Frieda Anderson said...

Very cool!!

Kathy York said...

Thanks Frieda!