Saturday, November 12, 2011

Put a PIN in it.

Put a PIN in it.

I have been home from Houston for about a week now.  I already have enough projects to work on, really I do!  However, instead of diving into the project I've been working on, I took a bit of a diversion, cleared my design wall, and started playing with blocks.  I love my design wall.  It is  made from foam core boards that are 4 feet by 8 feet, covered in polar fleece fabric.  And my fabric sticks pretty well when just thrown up.  It allows me lots of freedom to play with design, until I find what I like. 


On this particular day my heart was desiring something big.  I covered the entire wall with little blocks, about 1000 of them.  Which is fine, but I am not planning to work on this project yet, and now it is on my wall!!  Every time I open the studio door, or close it, or move too quickly, the wind gusts blow off the little fabric blocks.  So, I spent the next day putting pins in all the blocks.  I really thought I would have to buy more pins, but somehow I had over 1000 pins! Now it can safely wait until I have time to actually make the quilt.  And I have demonstrated the literal interpretation of "put a pin in it!"  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thos blocks are stunning. I'd love to see what it looks like when you stand back from the wall.