Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Twinkle Quilt Completed!

Twinkle Quilt Completed!
I am so happy to finish my daughter's quilt for her before school started.  Whew!  Just in time!  The binding is on and the quilt is now on her bed.  I had a great time making it for her. She loves it and is looking forward to when it is cooler and she can use it!  Austin is still blazing hot setting new heat records every day.
Full view of Twinkle Quilt
Close up of the itajame of this cute animal print she loved!
Back side of Twinkle Quilt showing the quilting motif
Close up of a Twinkle Quilt showing some of the dye combinations and quilting.

You can see more about the process of making this quilt and itajame here and here.

7 comments:

Iris said...

That is the most amazing quilt! I would be up all night studying every detail, every choice of fabric, every decision, what was next to what--seeing something new each night. At first I thought you were fusing sheers (I fusing on the brain of course)--some positive, some negative. Then I came here to your blog to read about it and learned differently. The itajame is so controlled, so perfect, so effective. How did you do it?! The stitching design is so spot on perfect for the quilt design. The whole quilt looks so sweet and simple--wow is that deceptive. Could I be your daugher please?

Lisa said...

oh it is wonderful! I love the quilting too!

Jan E said...

I love it! another prize, for sure. Will you be entering it anywhere?

Kathy York said...

Iris,
Yah, what you said. I love looking at all the fabric choices and dye colors. It was an odd selection of fabrics for me because there were a lot of pale colors. But when you overdye everything with a small set of dyes, it makes all of it go together. I just LOVE it! I will add some links to my post that show how to make the itajame.
Jan, Nope, not planning to enter it anywhere, except her bed!

There is no Plan B said...

completely gorgeous.....

There is no Plan B said...

beautiful .

Judee said...

Love your quilting on that.