Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quilting Arts Gifts

Quilting Arts Gifts 
Okay, technically, this is old news, but my wonderful tote bag is featured in this issue of Quilting Arts gifts! It came out in September. I absolutely love this issue, in addition to having my work published in it. It is so full of so many wonderful ideas. I am totally inspired! If you haven't picked up a copy yet, do it! I will have 8 pieces in Houston this year. An amazing accomplishment considering that you can only enter 2 pieces in the judged show. The IQA quilt show starts in about 15 days, so I will be counting down. For now, #8 is my tote bag in the Quilting Arts booth! Stop by and see! I made this tote bag with my original batik fabrics, from the same fabric line that Michael Miller bought from me at the Houston Quilt Market last year. Sadly, there is no news about when this line will be printed. They have had the designs for a year now and nothing has happened. Kathy Miller told me that I will be contacted when they decide to print it, but for me, it's like waiting for the phone to ring...not much fun and it leaves me feeling like the bacteria on the back of a flea....minuscule. So really, the GIFT, for me is the validation of having my work published. Thank you Pokey Bolton and Quilting Arts! Only one thing to do, forge forward, keep creating, and laugh, often and loudly!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! and on the self portrait in the IQA magazine as well. I hope your daughter is felling better. I look forward to see you and your pieces in Houston!

Deborah said...

Congratulation! I've looked through this issue and it is exceptional.