Sunday, September 13, 2020

Projects in the making

Projects in the making

I have been working on this since April... I think? It is another two sided quilt.  Most of my photos of it do not look nearly as spectacular as the real thing.  And so, I have felt reluctant to post about it.  Also, it was scheduled to be completed by the end of May, early June, and well, that hasn't happened.  But I am making progress, and I will post more photos after I finish it.

Here it is in all it's glory, with both sides showing, and hanging out on my table in the process of being machine quilted.


Project number two is a secret.  It is a guild project that will be donated to charity.  Our theme this year is On-Point.  And, because our guild likes to have a friendly competition, no pictures can be posted until after all the quilts are finished and voted on. So stay tuned for that one as well.

Project number three has been trying to keep my plants alive during a summer of excessive heat and no rain.  Apparently, if you are holding the garden hose in your hand, you can water whenever you want.  If you use the irrigation system, it is only once a week.  I am lucky to have an irrigation system, but it does not work very well and is about 45 years old.  So, I supplement with hand watering.  And, I love being out in the garden, so I don't consider it a burden.  I have learned that if you set up a small sprinkler in the mornings, the birds will come running!  The longer I stand outside, the happier I feel.  Sorry, no photos for this either.

Wherever you are, I sincerely hope that you are weathering the storm of this crazy year. 

No comments: