Monday, September 26, 2011

No Vacancy

No Vacancy
9" x 12"
This one is made like High Rise.  I originally made High Rise to accommodate these little worry dolls. It was the intention of having the cut out holes forming the little pockets inside. However, when I finished it, I liked it just the way it was.  So, I made this little mini-quilt to try out the idea of putting the people inside.  I LOVE it!!  Too cute!


Embellished with satin stitch, hand embroidery, and made from my original batiks, don't you love the crackle lines on this detail shot?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, this is great. A personal,original and fun idea!

Heidi said...

sweet and colourful. love it

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just happened upon your delightful blog and wanted to say how much I've enjoyed looking at your art quilts--great designs, colors and texture. And so much fun, too!
best from Tunisia,
nadia