Thursday, January 06, 2011

Leaves

Leaves

 Leaves seem to be a recurring theme in my life this week.  My trees are the kind that like to hang on forever.  In fact, it is January, and there is still one reluctant tree who is still dropping on our freshly raked and bagged lawn.  And so it appears in my art.  You can see it here on my new blog for my Sketchbook Project. And now I am making quilted leaves for a group project.  These photos are taken on my new REALLY BLUE couch cover.
It will come as no surprise that I am more fond of the green and blue leaves than the brown ones!

3 comments:

skye said...

I am bowing to you for your bagging abilities. (I am calling mine "compost" & ignoring it)
And, yes, your green leaves are just oodles prettier!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

I see what you mean about the green over that aqua color. Let's do it.

I steal my neighbors' brown leaves when they are bagged at the curb. I put it all in my compost piles. I never have enough brown leaves. Go figure.

Julaine said...

love the wonderful "life-lines" that you've given your leaves...