Thursday, December 03, 2009

Quilt Purchase!

Quilt Purchase!
That's what my email said. It was from Kathleen Dawson of the Dairy Barn. Apparently, someone has spoken for my quilt Little Fish in a Big City. I am so delighted, and thrilled, happy dancing on cloud 9 with a cherry on top!! This is fantastic news! I have enjoyed many successes with my art, yet this one offers a whole new level of validation for me. The act of making art is now a necessary part of my life. It brings me such joy to know that it has affected others, that they may have benefited in some way by seeing it. And, that it has affected someone enough that they want to buy it? Well, in a word... fabulous! Please stop back by next week, I have more news to share, but wanted to save the post just for Little Fish.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME! congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Cindy said...

Congratulations Kathy. You have every reason to be very proud of yourself!

Linda Robertus said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Laura Wasilowski said...

Congratulations! The new owner will love this piece.

Patricia Gambrell - pdgambrell@yahoo.com said...

This is a wonderful quilt, and I just saw a picture of it with you and Pokey. I love the quilt and have been wanting to do more "architectural" type quilts, so this is a definite inspiration! Thanks