Monday, December 07, 2009

Fabric Design

Fabric Design 
Since I started obsessively stamping found objects in wax and dyeing fabric, I have been wanting to design fabric. Many of my designs have been used in my art quilts. It is with great JOY that I announce.....(drum roll, please)..... I am working with Clothworks to produce my new fabric line based on my quilt Building UP. It will be available in stores sometime next summer. I have named the collection, Urban Landscapes, though I am not sure if that is the name with which it will be marketed. It is full of bold graphics and bright colors...Really? YES!!!! This is one of the supporting cast of characters, 9 dot block.

7 comments:

Kristin L said...

These look like a nice compliment/alternative to bali-type batiks. I can't wait to see more. Congratulations!

Jamie Fingal said...

I am so happy for you. Your happy dance should last quite awhile on this one. I think you are on a roll. Congratulations Kathy - great news!

nanann said...

How exciting!

quilthexle said...

WOW! Congratulations! This is indeed wonderful. Have tons of fun designing your own fabric line !!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get my hands on some. Congratulations.

Brenda Groelz said...

Congratulations on launching a new fabric line. I LOVE Clothworks. They have good taste in designers.

kathy york said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get my hands on some either! I love Clothworks and all their designers! I am hoping to make my debut on their website soon!