Saturday, August 15, 2009

Little House #1

Little House #1 
quilt is 4.5" x 5.5" with frame 8" x 10" I have been inspired by Lisa Call's affordable art, and so I am making some small pieces for sale and experimenting with finishing techniques. The pink fabric is wrapped around a canvas and stapled to the back. I then painted the white dots and red stripes on the edges. This is the first in the series. I have 6 almost done and will be posting new photos soon. Then I just need to determine a price. It was strange working with such a small size, but so incredibly fun! I could try out a lot of different color combinations and quickly. Yum!

2 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

I do like that canvas and the way you painted it. It gives a small piece so much more importance.

I don't know if I told you how much I loved your piece at QN. We spent a LOT of time looking at it.

Kathy York said...

Thanks Norma!
For QN, Did you see the little nun standing by the church? No, wait, I decided not to add the extra figures. Darn it! I also planned a cat jumping from building to building, and a number of tiny business men and women standing in the center. Couldn't figure out how to attach them, and that's why you didn't see them....hmmmm
Glad you got to go. Wasn't the exhibit awesome!!