Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Batch, Half a Dozen Houses

First Batch, Half a Dozen Houses 
 Please accept my apologies in advance for this snapshot. I think I need to learn something new for these shiny surfaces... So, this is my first group. The quilts range in size from 3 1/2 " x 5" to 9" x 10" unframed. I have finished the edges in a variety of ways, satin stitch, fuse and wrap, and last, with facings. I like them all! A bright and cheerful group to start! Three of these have hand embroidery. And all have my original hand batiks and hand dyes. As for the framing....3 are framed in bright IKEA frames, one is framed in a small glass frame, one (the pink and blue one) is fabric wrapped around a canvas and painted (see previous post), and the last one (the largest) will use a hanging tube and a wooden slat. And, all have been signed (via sewing machine) by the artist, that's me!! Hopefully, this next week I will take individual photos (better than this one), and set prices, and decide on a venue to sell, either through a seperate blog, or maybe create an etsy shop. I will have to get back to you on that! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa ;-) said...

Together they make a really cute graphic display. They would be lovely in a little girl's room!