Saturday, July 07, 2007

Warm Days of Summer

Warm Days of Summer
 Standing over a hot electric skillet of melted wax or a vat of boiling water, steam rising, melting the wax off, I am starting the think these are activities for cooler seasons. But I can't help myself, once the muse starts incessant chattering in my head. These are my latest samples, created specifically for my next project. I like them like this; just layed out, side to side, but am not planning to use them this way. However, I might recreate this collection just to use like this as a sampler. The collection grows, now filling a 4' x 8' design wall. It feels good and cheerful just walking by.
These are commercial fabrics: batiked, bleach discharged, and overdyed. Each block is about 6 inches square, more or less.

4 comments:

artmixter said...

These are fun. Worth the discomfort of the heat, I hope...

Nellie's Needles said...

Hmmmm ... can hardly wait to see where you're going with this marvelous collection of squares.

Mechelle said...

Love these colors - matches the heat of summer!! Very yummy.

FARBTUPFER said...

Great colours!