Saturday, May 12, 2007

Garage Door Dots


Garage Door Dots - What I am Doing Arty this Week
These dots came from my good friend Frances Holliday Alford. She had them made for her black Mercedes Benz for the arrival of Christo and Jean Claude last year in Austin. She really made quite the arrival!! Afterwards, she gave me the dots (they are magnets). They proudly decorated my green beetle and my mommy car for a few months before they landed in the garage. Now a year later, I found them sitting in a dusty corner, so I pulled them out. Low and behold, the garage door is metallic!! First we have, Random Dots, then Double Dipping, and now, Sinus Wave. The neighbors are starting to point..... I call it art in public spaces. People are beginning to stop their cars and get out and come up to my garage, just to see what it is. Some walk by and point! The new one is called: Big Dot.
And just in case you are wondering, yes, I am still quilting too, when I am not busy with such silly antics. I'm just not ready to post the photos yet. You will have to wait.



4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Kathy

Being a maths teacher the sinus wave looks great. I just got my copy of Quilting Arts magazine with your seahorse on the front (magazines are very slow to get to the newsagents here in New Zealand.) I LOVE the sea horse, the quilting is fantastico. The combined quilt makes quite an impact.

Nellie's Needles said...

Fun!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day kathy,
Youv'e been tagged to tell 7 random things about yourself.

kathy york said...

1. i like dots.
2. i select camping locations based on proximity to stores that have ice cream.
3. i like hot weather better than cold weather.
4. the more i learn the less i know.
5. my favorite job ever was going out to sea drilling cores in the gulf of mexico.
6. i rarely get lonely when i am alone.
7. i can do a very nice head stand!