Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pretty Patchwork

Pretty Patchwork
This is a pretty little quilt that my daughter started a few years ago.  It turns out that she doesn't really like sewing, or maybe, she just doesn't like it at this point in her life.  It has been sitting on a shelf for quite a while and I thought it might be nice to finish it up for her.  She was in perfect agreement!  And...as an added bonus, it was something easy enough to do while I am trying to get my strength back.  I can't even begin to tell you how great it feels to start working again, and this sense of accomplishment for finishing a small project.  The quilting was hard to do, (by machine), but my darling daughter does not require perfection from me, so it worked great for both of us!
And, here is the back.  The center is made from a piece of fabric my daughter batiked and dyed.  I cut it up and rearranged it (with her permission).  It think it makes a lovely center, and it is framed by at least two of my fabrics from Urban Landscapes. 

Part two....I always wonder what my cats are up to while I am working away in my studio.  Here they are right outside the door....just waiting for me to show up.  They are seriously cute!!

8 comments:

Sharon Robinson said...

It's sweet. Hope you recover quickly!

Lynn Douglass said...

So glad you are getting back to sewing again! I think you and your daughter make a good team! As for the cats, they are a crack up!

Kathy York said...

Thanks! Lynn, yes you are right about the cats! I will pass along your comments to darling daughter.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Beautiful, vibrant colors! Jane will be really happy with this quilt, and if she isn't......I'll take it!
Glad you are feeling strong enough to resume some work. I'm sure it has been difficult to restrain yourself.

9patchnurse said...

Your cats are precious! I also have 4 cats and sometimes I'm embarassed to tell people that. Shame on me! I love your daughter's quilt, great fabrics. Feel better soon.

Brenda Cregger said...

Wonderful color. Wow! And I have 6 cats that lots quilts, fabric and being around while I'm working. And I have been embarrassed to say we have 6. Guess I'm in good company.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

That's such a cheerful quilt. I'm glad to hear you were able to work on it! And I love the picture of your kitties waiting for you to return to them. So sweet.

Barb Forrister said...

Kathy, it looks great! So happy you are feeling better and back in the swing of things.